Project Donor: Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan (MOFA) through UNIDO
Project Duration (Start and End Date): 2014-2017
Fruits and vegetables processing
-Meat and Poultry Processing
- Identify areas of improvement for climate resilience and mitigation potential in Egyptian Industry to mainstream low carbon and climate resilience in industrial development.
- Demonstrate technical options for low carbon and/ or climate resilient development at enterprises in agro food industries.
- Raise awareness/ knowledge of the best practices/ option for industrial climate adaptation.
Project Outputs and Results:
- National Vulnerability assessment report for Egypt.
- Sector mapping for vegetables and fruits processing sub-sector.
- Sector mapping report for meat and poultry processing sub-sector.
- Technical assessment reports for selected 12 companies in the selected sub-sectors.
- Demonstration of adaptation technologies for selected 2 companies.
- Capacity building and raising awareness of national stakeholders on climates change adaptation technologies.